How to use YAYO Guard
Before applying YAYO Guard, ensure you have thoroughly washed your hands and are using clean surgical gloves.
- Allow your tattoo to bleed for around 5 to 10 minutes. This is your body trying to clean the wound naturally from within. Your blood is full of white blood cells to aid the reduction of infection.
- Gently wash your new tattoo with YAYO soap (be sure to include an area up to 4cm around the tattoo) followed by cleaning the area with YAYO Pitch to further reduce the risk of infection. Pat the area dry with a clean, absorbent, single use towel. At this stage you may apply a thin layer of your preferred YAYO aftercare to the tattoo to speed up healing of the epidermis (optional). Ensure that you only apply this to the tattoo; the skin area around the tattoo will be needed for the hypoallergenic adhesive to bond to.
- Apply the film with the protective side facing down towards the tattoo (do this by peeling off the protective paper layer). Press down the edges on to the skin, ensuring that you leave at least a 2.5cm (0.98inch) margin around the tattoo then peel away the back cover.
- Wear YAYO Guard for 8 to 24 hours depending on how much your tattoo weeps. Follow the removal instructions below and then follow step 2 & 3 again with a new piece of YAYO Guard.
The second application may be left on the skin for up to 48 hours.
- Removal Instructions: Keeping the skin cool (ie normal body temperature - DO NOT remove in the shower or hot bath) gentle peel each corner of the film layer back towards the centre ensuring that you remain parallel to the skin surface. The adhesive may be difficult to remove, DO NOT RIP OFF the guard. Patience is key here.
YAYO Guard is waterproof but permeable on the inside to allow your skin to naturally perspire. The film uses a hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive and is made of polyurethane.
Store YAYO Guard in a cool and dry area. DO NOT apply to infected skin. Some allergic reaction may occur in rare cases of skin sensitivity. If you suffer any adverse reaction, cease use of YAYO Guard and consult your doctor.