Alpha Derm is a second skin product with a low tack adhesive for those with sensitive skin.
An incredibly strong and fully protective second skin, guarding your new tattoo from outside pathogens. It has a lower tendency at leaving residue behind post removal and thus is a firm favourite choice for those with sensitive skin.
The film uses a hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive and is made of polyurethane.
About this product:
- Protective barrier that allows for your skin to naturally perspire
- Made using hypoallergenic adhesive and polyurethane
- Allows a natural healing process inside and out
- Medical Grade Wound Dressing
- Low tack adhesive for easy removal without residue
- Easy peel and application design
- Roll size: 15cm x 10m (5.90in x 32.81ft)
- EU Registered
- 100% Vegan
Alpha Derm Instructions
Before you start poking around a fresh tattoo, remember to always wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to best protect against infection, and wear surgical gloves - always use protection folks!
- Allow the tattoo to bleed for 5 - 10 minutes before application - this allows the body to begin naturally cleaning the epidermis from within. As your blood is full of white blood cells which help fight off infection, allowing your tattoo to bleed will help the healing stage.
- Next, gently wash the area - we highly recommend doing so with your favourite YAYO Tattoo soap - in order to further reduce the risk of infection. Pat the area dry with a clean disposable single-use towel. At this stage, you can apply a small amount of your favourite YAYO Aftercare Butter to speed up the healing process. Ensure that this layer is only applied to the tattoo itself and not the area of skin surrounding it - this area will be needed for the hypoallergenic adhesive to stick to it.
- Now it’s time to apply the film - do this with the protective side facing down towards the tattoo) do this by removing the protective paper layer). Press down the edges onto the skin, ensuring that you leave at least 2.5cm or 1inch margin around the tattoo, and then peel away the back cover.
- Make sure you wear Alpha Derm for at least 8 - 24 hours, depending on how much your tattoo weeps. Follow the removal instructions below and then follow steps 2 and 3 again with a new piece of Alpha Derm - this application can be applied for up to 48 hours.
We recommend removing in a luke warm bath or shower to warn the adhesive.
Gently peel back each corner towards the center of the tattoo. The adhesive may be tough to remove but do not rip it off - patience is key here.
Alpha Derm is waterproof but permeable on the inside to allow your skin to naturally perspire. The film uses a hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive and is made of polyurethane.
Store Alpha Derm in a cool and dry place. Never apply to infected skin. Some cases of an allergic reaction may occur in rare cases of skin sensitivity. If you suffer from any sort of adverse reaction, cease the use of Alpha Derm and consult your doctor.